Cosmetic Dentistry Overview
Your smile is an important personal characteristic that conveys volumes of information about who you are. Confidence, friendliness, youthfulness, trust and health are all traits that are seen in a smile. Choosing the right cosmetic or implant dentist in San Jose / San Francisco to restore or renew your smile is the single most important decision to ensure you receive a beautiful new smile.
Our dentists utilize the latest technology and techniques to restore and rebuild beautiful smiles, including teeth whitening, teeth in a day, and porcelain veneers in San Francisco and the surrounding area.
Schedule your initial consultation by contacting our office at 650-948-5524 or send us an email.
(click a left column link for more information)
Experience is clearly an important factor in determining your choice of cosmetic dentists. Dr. Hartley has bonded over 25,000 porcelain restorations with impressive results since establishing his practice in 1986. The Peninsula Center of Cosmetic Dentistry was the first practice to specialize in cosmetic dentistry in Northern California. His practice is limited to cosmetic dental procedures.
Dr. Joseph Field is one of a handful of general dentists licensed in California to administer IV sedation for dental procedures. He specializes in dental implants, teeth in a day, and Invisalign. Dr. Field received his Fellowship award from the Academy of General Dentistry, a professional association of more than 37,000 general dentists.
Our patients come from all over the United States and from as far away as Europe and Asia. We receive referrals from patients, friends, physicians and other dentists.
Dr. Hartley has been voted Top Doctor in cosmetic dentistry by his peers as published in San Jose Magazine. NBCs Today Show has featured his work on a recent segment titled “Turning Back the Clock, Rejuvenating your Smile.” His cosmetic dentistry has been published in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry, and models who are cosmetic patients have been seen in magazine and newspaper advertising.
Your cosmetic dentist’s natural artistic talent is the defining factor in determining how nice your new teeth and smile will be. When making porcelain veneers, most cosmetic dentists allow the laboratory ceramist to determine critical aesthetic proportions such as tooth shape, angle, width, length and arrangement.
Dr. Hartley is one of a handful of cosmetic dentists worldwide who take responsibility for determining all of these critical aesthetic factors by creating a mock-up on the patient’s own teeth. This process which Dr. Hartley has developed is called the Bioesthetic Smile Design, and it allows the patient to “preview” the final result. A resin copy of the prototype is then used as a temporary veneer, which further allows the patient to evaluate the aesthetics of the new smile at home, and live with it on a trial basis. Finally, the lab receives a model of the prototype and then faithfully reproduces the defined aesthetic proportions for the new veneers, thereby eliminating any guesswork on their part.
Dr. Hartley has portfolios of hundreds of his own cases for you to look at to give you confidence in the truly amazing results that have been achieved. Many dentists have generic photo albums that show cosmetic cases that are not their own.
Our before and after gallery is a true test of the skills of the PCCD cosmetic dentists.
We have made it a priority to keep the cost fair and appropriate. Different treatment options are always presented, giving patients a financial range to choose from which fits their budget. Our fees are significantly more affordable than similarly qualified centers in New York, Beverly Hills, or San Francisco.
Click here to schedule a consultation.
State of the Art Technology
Dr. Hartley, Dr. Field, Dr. McFarlane, and Dr. Shile stay current on all the latest advances in cosmetic dentistry and dental implants. They have developed techniques in cosmetic dentistry and dental implants and have lectured to dental groups and laboratory technicians.
In addition to how we treat patients, we deliver state-of-the-art dental care, using the most up-to-date products, techniques, knowledge and procedures as well as cutting edge dental technology.
At the Peninsula Center of Cosmetic Dentistry, we use state-of-the-art practices in all areas, including:
- Digital x-rays – We use digital radiography, x-rays that require a 70-90% reduction in radiation and eliminates the need for harmful processing chemicals.
- Chair side computers for electronic charting and review – Our office has chair side computer for increased accuracy, efficiency, and precision.
- Safety and Sterilization – We sterilize all equipment before every use using a heat-pressure-steam autoclave tested weekly by a third-party monitor.
- CBCT Scan/3D Imaging – Dr. Field has the ability to replace missing teeth with greater accuracy, more comfort, and a higher success rate than ever before. Three-dimensional imaging software aids us in planning and surgically placing dental implants while preserving your bone structure, locating nerve pathways, and identifying crucial anatomic landmarks.
- Cerec Cad/Cam Technology – Dr. Field and Dr. McFarlane can design, construct and permanently cement a ceramic restoration in only one dental visit! We have two Cerec machines in our office. Our computer-aided design (CAD) software empowers us to design and construct a precision restoration that meets your specific dental needs.
- Filtered water – As part of our commitment to the safety and health of your smile, we only use filtered water during your dental treatment. This helps us ensure that we offer the best water quality for our patients. Our experienced dentists and dental assistant team are committed to the health of your smile.
- iTero – The iTero Intraoral scanner is a single hardware platform with software options for the Invisalign system, restorations, orthodontics, implant solutions and 3D case planning procedures. The 3D digital model file can be used for various procedures and services including milling of physical dental models for use by labs to create restorative units such as veneers, inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges, implant abutments and implant crowns, Invisalign digital impression submission, digital records storage or orthodontic diagnosis
At the Peninsula Center of Cosmetic Dentistry, we believe in pampering our patients. Our state of the art dental facility is comfortable, modern, inviting, and artfully decorated in warm soothing colors.
As an office that caters to adult comfort, all of the treatment rooms are private, enclosed by glass doors. The glass doors block out all of the sounds of the dental office you don’t like to hear, and ensure your conversations and treatment are private, not being overheard by someone on the other side of a partition. The glass door has the double advantage of presenting the room with an “open” feel, and helps to make for a stress-free and comfortable private experience.
Aromatherapy candles burn throughout the office set against the background sounds of water fountain. During treatment, relax in a back massaging dental chair while listening to a CD, watching tv or a movie. Warm neck pillows further aid in your total comfort. After dipping your hands into a soothing paraffin bath, we wrap you in a warm blanket to complete your feeling of well-being. When your treatment is completed, warm lemon scented towels are given to freshen your hands and face.
Tour our office
Our Green Commitment
At the Peninsula Center of Cosmetic Dentistry, we are proud to be an eco-friendly office. Here are some of the ways our office is different from other dental offices:
- We are a chartless dental office. All charting is done within our practice management software. Most of our insurance claims are filed electronically. Patients have the option of receiving appointment confirmations by email or text messaging.
- We use digital radiography, x-rays that require a 70-90% reduction in radiation and eliminates the need for harmful processing chemicals.
- We use hospital-grade steam sterilization for our instruments, and adhere to the strictest standards in infection control. Our heat-pressure-steam autoclave machines are tested weekly by a third-party monitor.
- Our 41 photovoltaic solar panels harness the sun’s energy which is then converted to provide most of our office’s electrical power.
- We use biocompatible materials in dental treatment. We use only BFA free materials to make retainers. We research all materials for safety and efficacy.
- Our office does not use any amalgam for restorations. We only use composite or porcelain for all of our restoration work. All of our doctors are knowledgeable in the IAOMT protocol for amalgam removal.